What is the PSAT/NMSQT?
The PSAT/NMSQT (also known as the Preliminary Scholastic Assessment Test/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test) is a standardized test offered annually in October. Like the SAT, the PSAT assesses writing skills, critical reading skills and math problem-solving skills. Whereas the SAT is usually taken in your junior and/or senior year of high school, some students take the PSAT/NMSQT as early as the 7th grade.
Reasons to take the PSAT/NMSQT:
- Requirement for consideration in the National Merit Scholarship Program
- Assess academic strengths and weaknesses early on in your academic career
- Great practice run for the SAT
Why our PSAT test prep course works:
- Individual instruction. We work one-one-one with our students to ensure the most specialized techniques and study plan.
- Four or more REAL, timed practice tests. We only use tests written by the PSAT/NMSQT test makers.
- Subject-specific, proven techniques for each every section of the PSAT. The unique methods we use help students navigate quickly through the test, reducing test anxiety and improving time management skills.
- 20 new vocabulary words per week. Our exclusive vocabulary development program uses high-frequency words found on the PSAT critical reading section.
- Fundamental math concept review. Forgotten the difference between an isoceles and a scalene triangle? How about rules for exponents? Basic geometry and algebra skills are crucial for excelling on the math section. Don't lose points simply because your are rusty with a concept mastered years ago!
- Rigorous. Our PSAT prep program is as demanding as it is effective. Students will receive 16-24 hours of intensive, one-on-one instruction. Throughout the course, students will complete homework assignments. not only do students benefit from the extra work, the additional 4-6 hours they spend applying the techniques they have learned allows our tutors to continually monitor their progress.
- Free diagnostic test. Every student begins the program by completing a REAL, timed PSAT exam.
- Free diagnostic score report and family consultation.
- Free biweekly reports outlining student progress and focus areas.